KIT coaches are friendly, experienced and knowledgeable. We can help you include children of all abilities in group settings such as preschools, camps, classrooms, sports teams and recreational activities. Consultation services can be purchased individually or incorporated into Training and Support Packages.
The Inclusion Support Center offers coaching by phone to staff working with children in programs or school settings. Calls take between 30 minutes to one hour. Follow-up communication includes recommendations for accommodations and further resources.
Topics covered in Coaching & Consultation Sessions
- Communication with families
- Modifying materials
- Adapting classrooms and program environments
- Development and implementation of inclusion support plans
- Strategies for supporting positive behavior
- Developmentally appropriate practice
- Staff responses to children’s behavior
- Co- and team-teaching techniques