Our new “I Can Be Inclusive” eSeries just launched and we’re giving away the first course, Inclusion 101 for FREE!
The eSeries includes 5 courses to help you get started on your inclusion journey. The “I Can Be Inclusive” course is the perfect jumping-off point for those who want to start thinking about disability in a positive way. Disability is an important dimension of the diversity discussion and is often left out of those conversations.
With everything going on in the world around us, it’s a great time to begin questioning your assumptions and expand your perspectives.
The good news? You’ll have access to the first course, Inclusion 101, for the entire month of February – at no cost!
Click here to access the course. If you don’t have an account on KIT Academy, you will need to create one with your name and email address. You will then get FREE access to the course and 0.1 IACET accredited CEU’s!
The 5 courses in the eSeries are:
- Inclusion 101: a short, engaging course with resources to provide an overview of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) and tips on how to use socially responsible language. (worth 0.1 CEU’s)
- Supportive Environments: a short video and course to help you better understand the impact your environment, which includes the physical, sensory, and social-emotional environment, can have on disability inclusion. (worth 0.1 CEU’s)
- Communicating Through Behavior: Responding to concerning behavior can be one of the toughest parts of your job. Understanding that behavior is a form of communication and recognizing the underlying factors that impact your responses to the behaviors is critical for promoting positive behaviors in your class or program. (worth 0.1 CEU’s)
- Tips and Tools to Support Disability Inclusion: Sometimes youth with disabilities need accommodations or supports to connect with their non-disabled peers and experience a sense of belonging. This course helps you learn more about accommodations and supports you can provide. (worth 0.1 CEU’s)
- Family Collaboration: Families are experts in their child’s strengths, needs, and knowing what works and what doesn’t work. This course helps you develop positive relationships with families and approach families respectfully when they have questions or concerns. (worth 0.1 CEU’s)
We’re excited you’re ready to learn how to support and include children with disabilities or other complex needs!
This offer is only good through February 28, 2022.