It's Time to Get Back to After School
Our Back to After School, on-demand series includes 4 webinars for just $99 and is designed to help after school providers and staff transition from traditional summer programs into an after school mindset!
Content available August 15 – September 30, 2022
Let’s face it, the transition from traditional summer programs into an after school structure can be challenging for both students and providers. Summer camp programs grant children more choices and freedom in their day compared to the typical organization of an after school program. There’s the pressure of academics, sitting and paying close attention all day and participating in mostly teacher-directed activities. Often, we’ll see children holding it all together during the school day and then struggling in their after-school time, when their threshold has been reached.
KIT can help. Our Back to After School series prepares after school providers for the transition from traditional summer programs into an after school mindset. Equip yourself with the right tools and guidance to make the shift as seamless as possible for everyone.
Join us to discover:
- How to understand the why of behavior
- How to redirect challenging behaviors
- How to manage a school-age group
- How to address bullying
On-Demand Webinar Series
Benefits of On-Demand
This series is designed to be available on-demand, and available to you at your own convenience. This allows you to:
- take all the courses at once or spread them out over a few hours or days
- provide specific content to various roles and groups within your after school program
- customize the discussion and planning to fit your unique needs
Back to After School On-Demand Webinar Series
Webinar 1: Understanding the Why of Behavior
When children and youth use negative or challenging behaviors, adults often get upset. It can be difficult to keep a level head when a child spits at you or a youth cusses you out. All behavior has a purpose, but often times we do not understand where it is coming from or what to do. This webinar will focus on how to look for what the child or youth is trying to tell us through the behavior. It will cover strategies for identifying the function (“why”) of behavior and responding to behavior based on its purpose.
- Identify the ABCs of behavior in a scenario.
- Choose the best response to behavior in a scenario based on the strategies presented in the webinar.
Webinar 2: Redirecting Challenging Behaviors
Redirection can be an effective strategy for preventing challenging behavior, but it must be used at the right time. Learning a child’s signs and signals is key to stopping a challenging behavior before it begins. Join us to learn how to recognize those signs and signals, as well as the different types of redirection that can be used in your program.
- Look at a photograph and correctly identify the signs and signals of escalating behavior.
- Apply a redirection strategy to best meet the needs of a youth depicted in a scenario.
Webinar 3: Managing a School-age Group
This webinar will address difficulties staff experience when trying to balance individual and group needs. Strategies for supporting youth who struggle to positively engage in program activities and/or with peers and strategies to help youth manage their emotions in open spaces, such as the gym, will be introduced. Participants will also learn about the importance of implementing a structured plan for helping youth resolve conflict.
- Applying the concept “building support from the bottom up,” match the statements to the correct tier in the support pyramid.
- After reviewing a scenario, select a foundational and environmental strategy that will best support the youth.
Webinar 4: Addressing Bullying
"Bullying” is a word used to describe a variety of situations, often inaccurately. This webinar will begin by providing an accurate definition of the term bullying, then explore how to prevent bullying by creating a culture of acceptance. We will also discuss how to respond to bullying and how you can support children and youth to be effective by-standers.
- Select the best definition of bullying.
- Identify the best by-stander response that supports a youth being bullied in a scenario.
Purchase the series of 4 webinars now for just $99. You’ll receive unlimited access from August 15 – September 30, 2022.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want a KIT Education & Training Specialist to come to your school and lead a workshop? Interested in additional resources and trainings on inclusion? Contact us at email@example.com or (844) 871-2966 for more information.