Interested parties should submit their resume and cover letter through the posting on Indeed.com by 10/29/21.
CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
$65,000 - $78,000 annually
The Curriculum Development Specialist is a member of the KIT Curriculum Team. The Curriculum Team is responsible for planning and implementing the annual Curriculum Development Plan. This person helps to ensure in-person and online KIT curriculum is developed to the highest quality standards and participates in the delivery of KIT content. The person in this position must have expertise in disability inclusion in school and/or out-of-school time settings, adult learning, writing measurable learning objectives, and developing training activities that objectively measure the stated learning objectives.
CLASSIFICATION OF POSITION:
[X] FULL TIME EXEMPT
[ ] PART TIME EXEMPT
[ ] FULL TIME NON-EXEMPT
[ ] PART TIME NON-EXEMPT
LOCATION: 100% remote work
- General Administration
- Contributes to the annual Curriculum Development Plan.
- Leads curriculum development projects, including but not limited to webinar coordination, development, and coaching, in-person training module updates, new in-person training module development, and eModule development.
- Develops, coordinates, and acts as the instructor for online instructor-led courses.
- Supports the Curriculum Director in maintaining KIT’s IACET accreditation both annually and during the five-year renewal process.
- Reviews KIT curriculum to ensure courses are meeting intended objectives and requirements and remain current and applicable.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert on curriculum development projects as appropriate given areas of expertise.
- Ensures KIT content is representative of diverse population groups, emerging subpopulations, and is culturally aware.
- Collaborates with KIT Directors to ensure curriculum related data is available and to support the development of curriculum and reports (e.g. The bi-annual Assessment of Training Needs).
- Collaborates with Training Manager to ensure quality delivery.
- Communicates with KIT Education & Training Specialists and Inclusion Support Center Specialists about the development of new or updated curriculum.
- Attends regular Content Team meetings, monthly KIT staff meetings and other meetings, as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree - Required
- Sophisticated understanding of inclusion, and ability to translate the understanding in a variety of modalities to a variety of types of audiences. Experience presenting content and leading 1-2 hour sessions, to diverse audiences.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficient in CRM (Salesforce)
- Proficient in LMS platforms
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong writing skills
- Success Factors
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated worker and thinker
- Highly accountable
- Creative problem solver
- Aligns with KIT core values (Inclusion, Excellence, Innovation, Adaptability, Encouragement)
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
As mandated by Executive Order 14042 which requires all federal contractors to be vaccinated against the coronavirus, KIT is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Candidates may need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date in accordance with policy. Candidates who receive a conditional job offer will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. Employees and candidates with a disability or medical condition that makes it medically inadvisable for them to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, as verified by their healthcare provider, or those with a sincerely held religious belief, observance, or practice that prevents them from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, may request reasonable accommodation and exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
The physical demands here are representative of those met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; use hands to hold objects, writing instruments, the telephone, or files; talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Requirements
|Under 10 lbs||☐||☒||☐||☐||Reach over shoulder||☒||☐||☐||☐|
|11-20 lbs||☒||☐||☐||☐||Reach over head||☒||☐||☐||☐|
|21-50 lbs||☒||☐||☐||☐||Reach outward||☒||☐||☐||☐|
|Over 100 lbs||☒||☐||☐||☐||Crawl||☒||☐||☐||☐|
|Under 10 lbs||☒||☐||☐||☐||Sit||☐||☐||☒||☐|
|11-20 lbs||☒||☐||☐||☐||Walk-Normal Surfaces||☒||☐||☐||☐|
|21-50 lbs||☒||☐||☐||☐||Walk-Uneven Surfaces||☒||☐||☐||☐|
|51-100 lbs||☒||☐||☐||☐||Walk-Slippery Surfaces||☒||☐||☐||☐|
|Over 100 lbs||☒||☐||☐||☐||Stand||☒||☐||☐||☐|
|Standard Trans||☒||☐||☐||☐||Keyboard/Ten Key||☐||☐||☒||☐|
|Vision||☐||☐||☐||☒||Fingering (fine dexterity)||☐||☒||☐||☐|
|Hearing||☐||☐||☐||☒||Handling (grasping, holding)||☒||☐||☐||☐|
Diversity & Inclusion
KIT is an equal opportunity employer. KIT prohibits discrimination against applicants on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition (including pregnancy or childbirth), marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, ancestry, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Studies have shown that women and people of color and people with disabilities are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. Our top priority is finding the best candidate for the job and if you are interested in the position, we would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Applicants with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply. q